Our Partners and associates can help you specify your distribution centre requirements from design and build, material flow asessment, outline design, procurement, vendor selection through to implementation. We have carried out assignments varying from a fully automated 600,000 sq ft retail DC to the set up of facilities below 100,000sq ft.
Distribution Centre Automation
With the growth of online sales, the fulfilment process for retailers and brands has increased the need for distribution centres to automate processes.
In addition, the Covid 19 pandemic will now see businesses making more step changes with the need to design in and adopt working practices that ensure social distancing is a part of normal operations.
The path to success in automation requires a disciplined process. Over the last 10 years LiG partners and consultants have led several large projects and led the way in developing a sound methodology to ensure that the key steps are undertaken correctly.
An automation project typically involves eight stages
- Procurement – vendor selection and contract negotiations
- Mobilisation – managed by a dedicated project team (client personnel, vendors and LiG consultants)
- Design – managed via a series of workshops throughout the process
- Build and commissioning (of DC and equipment)
- Operation Preparation and training – management structure and controls
- Testing and readiness planning – systems, equipment and colleagues
- Go Live with cut over management – issues logging, mitigation and resolution
- Benefits realisation
LiG’s application of this process has delivered a number of successful projects and we’d be delighted to discuss how this process could be applied to your business.